Project Location: Glenview, IL
A real estate investor who has worked with Skor Construction on past projects called us with an exciting new project. He was looking at a property in Glenview and asked us (his favorite and most reliable general contractor) to visit the property with him to discuss various ideas he had in mind to rehabilitate this old house that he intended to purchase and flip. After a brief walk through and spit balling of cost estimates, this real estate flipper, felt much better about this property knowing that he could accomplish all of his ideas within a reasonable budget. His next call was to his realtor to put an offer on this property. He was successful in achieving his purchase at value that would allow him to hire Skor Construction to complete all the renovations required for this interior gut rehab project in Glenview
Gut Rehab Remodeling Project in Glenview by local Contractor included:
- Project included developing plans for permit application submission to Glenview which required architectural plans with stamp from structural engineer for work relative to removing a wall and installing a header beam for structural support to open a expanded doorway where one did not currently exist.
- Project required a building permit which was achieved by Skor Construction. We also coordinated scheduling of all required inspections by Village of Glenview Building Department.
- Demolished and removed old cabinets, counter tops, soffits and a wall to provide more usable space for this new kitchen configuration.
- Demolished fireplace plus a wall to provide for an expanded doorway.
- Refaced the fireplace area, with Durarock fire proof material and then tiled the fireplace area with mosaic tile selected by the client.
- Installed new granite hearth over fireplace, actually used re-purposed granite from demolished pre-existing kitchen.
- Removed old laminate tile floors and old carpeting and carpet padding.
- Removed and replaced damaged drywall ceilings.
- Daily removal of dirt and debris Skor Construction.
- Installed partial new wall to replace old wall, this new wall housed electric and plumbing for the new tub sink that would be installed.
- Installed new structural support header beam.
- Constructed the new reconfigured kitchen remodel design which slightly relocated plumbing.
- Installed new plumbing pipes and fixtures installed by licensed plumber.
- Painted the fairly new cabinets white and installed new hardware..
- Installed new subway style glass tile as kitchen backsplash.
- Installation of new kitchen sink and new granite counter tops.
- Installed new Decora electrical outlets, Decora electrical light switches and electrical light fixtures by licensed electrician.
- Installed new can lighting in both the kitchen and attached dining room area.
- Hung new light fixtures in multiple rooms.
- Repaired and tightened subfloors and installed new sub flooring as needed to provide a quality base fr the new laminate wood flooring.
- New wood laminate floors installed on the entire 1st floor also by Skor Construction.
- New carpeting installed in various rooms including bedrooms, hallways and stairways.
- New 6" Floor boards and shoe boards, and also new door and wall trim. All painted.
- Installed all new applianced purchased by client. Including stove/oven, hood exhaust fan, refrigerator and relative water line for ice machine.
- Professionally painted the entire house including bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen and dining area walls and trims.
- Certificate of occupancy granted by the Village of Glenview after the completion of this gut rehab remodeling project.
View images of this "Entire House Gut Rehab Remodeling Project in Glenview" by local Contractor:
If you are a homeowner or a real estate investor seeking a general contractor to manage an upcoming gut rehab project or small remodeling project, you trust that we can handle your project from concept to completion. Please contact Skor Construction today for a free estimate!